Have you ever wondered who are Spokes Models and what they do? They are literally the people who give a face to your brand. They also articulate your vision and mission.
Gone are the days when brands would talk down to their customers. In the years gone by, customers did not have much agency vis-à-vis a brand or company. Earlier, there were only two options available to customers: take it or refuse it. There was no mechanism for dialogue between buyers and sellers. The dot com boom has put paid to such a lopsided relationship. Today, in the third decade of the 21st century, a brand must engage with its prospects and customers, not talk down to them. Spokes Models liaison between your brand and your prospects. Their job is to elegantly elucidate your motto. Spokes Models also lend credibility to your brand by giving their face to it.
People recognize a brand easily if they can associate it with a face. Spokes Models increase the recallability of your brand by giving it a face. So, spokes Models are literally your company’s face value.
Who are Spokes Models?
The popular imagination on Spokes Models borders on prejudice. Many people believe Spokes Models are plastic dolls – beauty without brains. Spokes Models, for many, are dolled-up dumb creatures hired primarily for their attractiveness. Nothing could be further from the truth.
Spokes Models are highly educated, elegantly eloquent, alert, and confident, besides many other traits that are difficult to find in an average individual. Spokes Models are head turners not just by virtue of their beauty but also because of their wit and a gift of gab.
Why is a Spokesmodel important to your business model?
What is the first thing you consider before buying a new book or going to a new restaurant in your city? You read reviews on them, don’t you? If you are buying a book online – be it from Amazon or any other site – you read reviews from people who bought the book. If you plan a visit to a newly opened restaurant in your city, you read reviews from people who have already been there. Spokes Models are your brands’ reviewers, so to speak. They give credibility to your business by attaching their names to it. People trust a product or service more if it is associated with a famous face. What comes to your mind when you think of big brands? The face associated with them, right? That is the magic of Spokes Models!
How to zero in on the right Spokesmodel?
You now know your customers’ perceptions of your brand, product, or service are influenced by the Spokes Models representing them. Favorable perception can lift your business to a new height, while unfavorable perception can run your business down to the ground. You cannot if you want to succeed, afford to be lax about your choice of Spokes Models. Here is a list of crucial points you must keep in mind while Hiring Influencers for Marketing:
(1) Eloquence: Eloquence is not waxing lyrical without knowledge of the subject. Eloquence is being elegant in communication and having the confidence to put across a point forcefully without sounding rude, aggressive or offensive. Elegant eloquence demands confidence, an agreeable personality, and a sharp mind. Using high-sounding words and mouthing platitudes can do more harm.
(2) Relatability: The Spokesmodel who is telegraphing your brand’s message to the outside world must be relatable to the product. Relatability must be a crucial factor in deciding on the right Spokesmodel for your business. If you are selling, say, for example, an anti-aging cream, then the right Spokesmodel for you will be someone who defies his/her age. You cannot hire a teenager because a teenager is naturally young. You cannot hire an old-looking person because then you will end up confusing your target audience. The right choice will be someone who has successfully defied looking old.
(3) Believable: Ensure your Spokes Models compel the audience with their confident aura and credible words! If you’re advertising beauty products, let the persona they project reflect that – let them radiate glamour and captivate viewers to ensure your message looks authentic. Beauty should never be compromised; don’t settle for anything less than a stunning on-screen presence!
(4) Credibility: The Spokesmodel you choose becomes the voice and face of your brand. You cannot afford to hire a Spokesmodel with low credibility. Run a background check before hiring anyone to represent your brand. Your Spokesmodel does not need to be a celebrity, but they must have a respectable number of followers on social media. Hiring someone whose opinion counts for nothing will bring no dividends for you.
(5) Professionalism: Hire a Spokes Model who is not controversial and prone to making gaffes in public. Recently, Nike terminated its contract with a celebrity because of his puerile outburst against a religious community. Your Spokesmodel must be a professional who minds his/her language and conduct.
(6) Clean image: Tiger Woods, in 2010, lost virtually all his endorsements. Why? Not because he all of sudden became bad at golf but because he lost his public image. A clean image is a prerequisite for any successful Spokes Model. You, while hiring a Spokesmodel, must not compromise on image lest you want to invite disaster upon your head.
Alice Laura is an international premium Model and Hostess agency. We make your task of hiring models – Fashion Models, Trade Show Models, etc., a breeze with our years of expertise and understanding of this industry. Our quality hiring process ensures you get the best Spokes Models for your brands, products, or service. Our commitment to quality guarantees your success.